In Providence, the Armenian community the population grew to thirty-five by 1888. As the community grew in number due to the Hamidian massacres and other pogroms in the Ottoman empire, the census grew. The immigrants established an Armenian National Library Association as well as a Parish Council.
In August, 1913 the Armenians raised funds to purchase the Jefferson Street Baptist Church. The first Badarak (Divine Liturgy) was held on January 19, 1914. On June 7, 1914, Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Apostolic Church was consecrated by Bishop Moushegh Seropian assisted by Reverend Shahe Kasparian, Very Reverend Dripon Bidzagian, and Vicar General Reverend Manigian.
Nathalie Yaghoobian, Representative